The integrative, holistic healing practice of Energy Medicine arises from an older tradition known as “the laying-on-of-the-hands.” In today’s paradigm, the training for Energy Medicine has evolved into a more scientific and technical approach to support patients with specific symptoms and illnesses. However, the basic principles of Energy Medicine remain an indigenous healing practice, and are historically ancient.
Working directly with the human energy field moves blocked patterns in the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual bodies. This type of internal work helps a patient make behavioral and life-style changes that aid in their personal healing and transformation.
The word Ecopsycholgy is alive with meaning. The term ‘eco’ is a Greek word that translates as ‘our living, breathing environment’ while ‘psycho’ refers to ‘the soul,’ and ‘ology’ means ‘to study or gain knowledge.’ When we work holistically, we work with our body, mind, emotions, and spirit in an integrated, balanced way. Energy Medicine is an intricate, multi-leveled approach that supports self-awareness and change in the healing process.
The patient is engaged in their transformation each step of the way. I work with the patient’s symptoms (acute and chronic), carefully listening and witnessing the information they share. I ask insight questions that often help the person in understanding their life at deeper levels of awareness. I also suggest how we can work with the human energy field in coping with both acute phases in the healing process, as well as long-term phases or issues. Energy Medicine also decreases recovery time in nearly every situation by increasing the body’s natural healing ability.
The following are symptoms and issues I have experience working with, both with hands-on-healing and counseling-healing methods:
- Anxiety & Panic Attacks
- Nervous System Tension & Anxiety
- Circulation problems
- Pre and Post Surgery, all conditions
- Recuperating from accidents and physical trauma
- Tinnitus (ear ringing)
- Coping with Diabetes and chronic long-term illnesses
- Menopause and hormonal changes
- Immune System disorders such as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia & others
- The Aging Brain/ Flexibility and Supplements
- Lymes Disease
- Detoxification from cigarettes, alcohol & prescription drugs
- Cancer patients undergoing treatments
- Death and Dying: attending to the patient, family & self
- Relationship dynamics & issues
- Career changes, refocusing & sudden job loss
- Anxiety, Overwhelm and Stress disorders
- Self-esteem issues
- Grief Counseling
- Soul Loss and Recovery
- Divorce, Separation & Loss
- Anger management
- Clearing past relationships
- Spiritual Counseling
- Life-style changes
- Energy Balancing for well-being & clarity